Must Have’s for Women on a Business Trip
Checklist for your Next Business Trip: Things you should get Ready
You females out there, unless you check for what to pack for a business travel, it’s certain that you’re going to make mistakes. So here’s for you the ultimate women business travel essentials
“Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.”, said Albert Einstein.
His words are especially true when it comes to business travel.
A Business trip is very different from the vacation trip. You have an objective, you’ve strict time schedules, and all that goes in your mind is the work that you want to accomplish. Doing all these things is not easy. So it is important to plan in advance for your next business packing list.
If you’re planning your first travel, then it is mandatory to walk-through the given accessories to avoid the common pitfalls and fall for the embarrassment. After all, this will help you to focus on your work and enjoy your trip at the same time.
2 days business trip packing list for women
- Business Cards
- A Backpack & A purse (Only this Much)
- Personal Care/Toiletries; Small Packets Only, if you are too much conscious or else trust your hotel. Do carry personal Hygiene packets, Razor, Toothbrush, Hand Sanitizer, Sanitary Napkin(if need be), band-aid, safety-pin, a couple of Hairpins, Comb/ Hair Styler or Iron, Hair Dryer, Anti Frizz Hair serum, Veet waxing strips(If need be).
- Cosmetics; Two lipsticks, eyeliner/Kajal, Body Lotion, Lip-balm, Face powder, face tissues.
- Jewellery; Carry sophisticated Earrings/ Studs, Or You may go for a good necklace piece (not heavy for sure).
- Clothing; carry one piece of night suit, two office outfits, one casual, one scarf/Stole; Extra UGs and a separate bag to carr
- Shoes; One pair of slippers, one pair of shoes matching both of your office outfits, one casual.
- Stationary; One thin Notepad, a single Pen, one pencil, one rubber and one sharpener, although you might get these at the meeting venue as well, but do not forget file
- Travel Document Holder is a must on the essentials of a business trip; passport cannot be ignored in the checklist for the International trip.
- Power Bank /Laptop Charger/Mobile Charger
- Headphones/Earphone (We have some good suggestions, check out below)
- Few Medicines; You may consult a doctor and ask for antibiotics according to your journey and the place to visit.
- Small Carry Bags for used stuff that you wanna keep separate; Shoe bags
- Carry your laptop/Ipad
- A few more; but remember all these should accommodate in your backpack and purse (No more bags allowed!!!!)
Read My article; Solo Female Traveling in India on rising
What to pack for a week????
Well, just increase your no of outfits and carry a small trolley bag instead of a backpack. You may keep a backpack in your suitcase if you might get some extra stuff form your travel destination. Remember, a business trip does not mean ‘Just Business’, you might get time to explore the city & its culture, so be ready.
You might want to carry another pair of shoes.
Alright, Let’s rock n roll n see our checklist in detail;
Women business travel essentials- Here we go!!!!
1) Business cards
This is the foremost thing you should pack for a business trip. Even though we’re living in a high-tech world still, the importance of business cards has remained the same. Forgetting your business card creates a bad impression on your client. It also minimises your chances to create a successful business network.
Keeping a bunch of business cards in a card holder would be a good idea. This will keep your cards in good condition and maintain your business reputation.
2) Check your mobile service plans
Travelling with a usual mobile plan could bring you into financial trouble, especially when you’re traveling internationally. Most of the service providers charge heavily if you do not transfer your plans from national to international roaming. Not only some mobile companies charge heavily for calling but also on your internet usage.
You can avoid all this turmoil if you check in advance the billing rates for your business travel location.
3) Travel Documents holder
The most important things on your international business trip checklist are your travel documents. Missing them or failing to carry some of them will ruin your whole business trip. The best thing is to keep all your documents in a travel document holder and check twice before you pack your bag. Also, for more safety, you can attach a sticker with your contact details printed on the document holder.
4) Carry Good Headphones
If you want to avoid the noise of passenger on your business trip or feeling a bit stressed the best solution is to take out the headphones off your bag. There may be times when you’ve to wait for a long time and it could be frustrating. To deal with this situation you can listen to your favorite songs or binge-watch a movie that will keep you motivated. It will be wise to choose the noise cancellation headphones for better feel.
5) Keep only Essential Personal care items
Your business trip would be really tiresome if you burden yourself with extra luggage. So keep only those personal care items that are essential for your trip. Business hotels provide certain things like soap, shampoo and other toiletries to their customers. If it is suitable, you can use them or try to carry these items in small quantity.
If you’re traveling to a developed country then you can be a bit assured of getting safe water. But, sometimes it is time-saving to get a Filter Bottle with you. Also, you can avoid spending expenses on purchasing a new bottle every time.
6) Power Bank and Mobile charger
The problem of fast draining of battery is common, nowadays. It can be wearisome if you’re mobile gets switched off on a business trip. To avoid trouble carry a high-capacity power bank and also a suitable mobile charge for your phone. But, don’t forget to charge your power bank in advance before you leave for your trip. It will also be a good idea to get a defender cover to your phone for added protection.
7) Couple of Business Outfits
Carry at least one extra business outfit with you. Business trip packing list male would include neckties, pocket squares, pairs of socks, undergarments, belts and other men accessories. A pair of good shoes completes your business outfit.
The business trip packing list female would include a couple of bottoms, especially you should keep at least one in basic black color. You can take a pair of classic trousers, shirts, and dress that suits the professional settings. Choose a minimal of the sophisticated accessories. A scarf can transform the look of your outfit, so it’s good to keep one.
8) Medications- A must in women business travel essentials
If you have or do not have any health issues, packing the basic first-aid kit would be a good choice. It would also be wise to consult your health care provider if you’ve recently have had any health issues. A good preparation on your part can help you to tackle unprecedented problems.
You can ruin your reputation with a bad smell from your mouth. To avoid such gruesome situations, carry breath mints and chew them sometime before you enter a conference room or office.
9) A hand sanitizer – 50 ml
On a busy business trip, you’ve to shake many hands that can be a reason to transfer germs. The most common of them is catching a cold and this is especially annoying on a business trip. Keeping a hand sanitizer would minimise any risks of contagious infections. But, be tactful when using the sanitizer. Avoid using it every time you shake a new hand.
On a trip, you might choose to carry a 50 ml pouch instead of some big bottle.
10) Business Tools
Keep in mind to include your business tools in your business trip checklist. Your laptop, hard disk could be your important business tools. Also, check whether you’ve stored the power point presentation on your pen drive or hard disk. Don’t rely on someone else to mail you the copy of your presentations. This also includes ensuring that you’ve kept all your business documents in your bag. Following this business trip template can help you a lot on your domestic and international business trips.
These aren’t enough for the packing list of women business travel essentials, after all, women will be women.
C U SOON with my article on 10 best Gadgets to carry on a Solo Travel
Do Comment below to let me know how you feel and what you want me write on!!!